Friday, May 24, 2024

Butterfly Of The Moon

Butterfly Of The Moon
© Surazeus
2024 05 24

To live free from shackles of politics 
I sing about butterfly of the moon 
that kisses eye of peace with vampire teeth, 
yet still the Minister of Honesty 
will lock me in dank prison of free speech 
to dull sharp blade hidden in absurd spells. 

My bones love roots of flowers and fruit trees 
that transform rotten atoms of my brain 
to apples tyrants steal from hands of farmers 
who light candles in windows of the night 
so little owls can find lost book of jokes 
thrown into unmarked grave of the court jester. 

Even if King Midas steals Crown of Thorns 
and imprisons all journalists and painters, 
Taliesin will walk to the grocery store 
to purchase milk and bread with dragon teeth, 
then by the willow in the river park 
will sit and talk with ducks about the clouds. 

I see thousands of clones of my true self 
walking somewhere quickly on city streets 
who never look at me with my own eyes, 
so I blow Trumpet of Gideon at dawn 
while I plough the field to grow golden corn 
as bombs destroy homes where nameless ghosts live. 

Deep in dark witch cave in lush Cerkno Hills, 
I drill holes in femur bone of the bear, 
then stride down trail among Fraxinus trees 
to stand on stone in swift Juruda River 
and play heart-haunting melody of hope 
that thrills my heart with beauty of this world. 

Alone on gray mountain roof of the world, 
I drink milk from cow of the shining stars 
while dancing slow in ring of jeweled stones, 
then eat strawberries from the silver plate 
embossed with scene of Clovis on his horse 
who bears magic wand from the hazel tree. 

Though I am whiteness of the temple wall 
where no words of warning written in blood 
warn humble folk of the apocalypse, 
I fill tank of my silver car with gas, 
then drive on narrow winding mountain road 
to monastery filled with ancient scrolls. 

To remember every mass genocide 
I sing about butterfly of the moon 
with technology that destroys the Earth 
when I sell my soul to the ocean wave 
which washes ruins of empires to the sea 
where I float in wordless infinity. 


1 comment:

  1. Orpheus hikes mountain trail with Tomaz Salamun to understand the thinking of trees.

    ReplyDelete