Friday, May 31, 2024

I Feel The Nothing

I Feel The Nothing
© Surazeus
2024 05 31

I feel the nothing between everything 
shimmer with the something my mind perceives 
reflected in blank mirror of my soul 
wide as the ocean swirling in my mouth 
that molds new words no apple tree receives 
when my heart becomes the telephone ring. 

I feel the nothing inside everywhere 
explode from pages of confused snow flakes 
that vibrate concept of the perfect sound 
which swirls in galaxies of the white whole 
mimicked by stone gardens we smoothe with rakes 
despite our need to breathe cold winter air. 

I feel the nothing all around my head 
require I memorize dramatic lines 
which I recite with bold alacrity 
in Hamlet-channeling soliloquy 
while I wander with anguish among pines 
since everyone alive will soon be dead. 

I feel the nothing that surrounds the Earth 
express unspoken secrets of my heart 
with ardent angel wings of Liberty 
on which I fly to spark fertility 
since true romantic love will never hurt 
as we share tales beside the glowing hearth. 

I feel the nothing through eternity 
expand my structured sense of flowing time 
when I stand mute in theater of faith 
to represent absence as the god wraith 
who wakes inside my mind at the soft chime 
of silver bells that prove absurdity. 

I feel the nothing in the silent pause 
refract sweet harmony between each note 
that arches high as rainbows which connect 
worlds of the multiverse based on respect 
for strangers sitting with me on the boat 
on sacred quest to find the primal cause. 

I feel the nothing in each word I speak 
compose complete library of the world 
arranged on shelves of universal myth 
where angels carve runes on each monolith 
that hide prophecies of the cosmic herald 
who stands with cape on high Takoma peak. 

I feel the nothing in atomic swirls 
weave pulsing matrix of my mental state 
that slips through minute gap of emptiness 
in dance translating fear to happiness 
when I compose new play evading fate 
that binds with true love hearts of boys and girls. 


1 comment:

  1. Orpheus investigates and documents the nothing we feel between the atoms of our souls.

    ReplyDelete