Friday, May 24, 2024

Stone In The Grass

Stone In The Grass
© Surazeus
2024 05 24

The light that radiates concept of the mind 
knows truths about the soul it never tells, 
so when I look at the stone in the grass 
it looks back at me with eyes of dead stars, 
yet I see the mountain it wants to be 
as it sees the god I will never be. 

We tell each other what the light should say 
then stare into the space of everywhere, 
so I listen to the stone in the grass 
but it tells me nothing I want to know, 
yet I invent my name to signify 
I am not the god I would want to be. 

I modify strange nature of the light 
by reshaping material of the tree 
so strange laughter of the stone in the grass 
records story of the tree I cut down, 
yet I build the house that shelters our souls 
from spirit of the tree that is not god. 

The light that screams in fracture of the mind 
knows truths about the world it wants to tell, 
so I stand mute with the stone in the grass 
that tries to see the real me I still hide, 
yet cows in the meadow of playful wind 
gossip about people who would play god. 

The light that reflects the face of ungod 
designs the face I wear till I am born, 
so I will carve on the stone in the grass 
the face I will wear long after I die, 
yet when you see mask of my changing face 
you say I am one aspect of our god. 

We give each other light with grateful hands 
after we almost die in war of books, 
so I will become the stone in the grass 
that David slings to bring down tyranny, 
yet we remain ghosts in our bombed-out homes, 
singing prayers to god who was never real. 

If we become the light that never tells 
we might begin to understand true love, 
so I feel seen by the stone in the grass 
who is my soul mate I will always love, 
yet she brings water from the wishing well 
when she perceives the god that I could be. 

We stand together in hope of the sky 
where we feel what the light wants to reveal, 
so we carve names on the stone in the grass 
which remains long after everyone dies, 
yet my descendants sing my secret name 
and worship me as god I never was. 


1 comment:

  1. Orpheus tries to translate secrets the light refuses to tell about the stone in the grass.

    ReplyDelete