Saturday, May 25, 2024

Reconnect My Heart

Reconnect My Heart
© Surazeus
2024 05 25

Not yet ossified with decay of age, 
though still on my endless quest for truth 
among the shining streams of Faery Land, 
I soldier on through forests of romance, 
bearing Emerald Tablet with Laws of Nature, 
and grail from which I drink the blood of demons. 

Though diamond towers of Elphame gleam bright, 
veiled by thick swirling mist of fantasy, 
on naked ridge of that far eastern hill, 
gilded sharp with golden beams of sunlight, 
where I expect to meet God face to face, 
I see only my own face in the pool. 

Heart humming in tune with the natural world 
imbued with pure glow of divinity 
which radiates bright from every human soul, 
I glide with graceful ecstasy of faith 
past smoking ruins of homes bombed by greed 
to celebrate strange beauty of our world. 

Though indifferent Fate sends religious Death 
to harvest precious souls from fields of faith, 
then separate wheat from chaff with cruel war, 
I weep for every fragile human soul 
destroyed by vicious hurricanes of greed 
in genocides from which great empires rise. 

The carefree girl, murdered by terrorists 
angry that her ancestors stole their land, 
and the sweet girl who loves to sing and dance, 
murdered by bullets of snipers who laugh 
with glee that vermin they exterminate 
cannot breed, are both victims of cruel war. 

Searching for Garden of Eden with faith 
by crossing the waste land of howling ghosts, 
I escape crowded streets of paradise 
and follow Adam to the wilderness 
where I attempt to reconnect my heart 
to divine spirit that animates Earth. 

But that lush garden on the river shore, 
where Eve ate sweet Fruit of Knowledge with hope 
to understand weird nature of our world, 
now burns with flames of arrogance which hide 
fear that strangers will invade paradise 
and kill Spirit of Earth inside our hearts. 

Amid beautiful scenes of fruited hills 
the monstrous tyrant, drowned in pool of truth, 
emerges from dark waters of despair, 
so we bury tyranny in rich soil 
for Tree of Life to transform his foul heart 
to sweet nutritious fruit we share with faith. 


1 comment:

  1. Orpheus joins Wordsworth on his journey to find the Spirit of Earth in the Holy Land.

    ReplyDelete