Monday, May 13, 2024

Beam Of The Lightless Star

Beam Of The Lightless Star
© Surazeus
2024 05 13

When the beam of the lightless star of death 
illuminates my face with subtle glow 
of ancient wordless wisdom about life, 
I realize with grin of awful truth 
that I am no more than chemical flame 
flaring for its hour through eternity. 

When the beam of the lightless star of hope 
fractures factual mirror of story masks 
into epical heroes of old myths, 
I wear mask of the Tireless Traveler 
who maps terrain of life I navigate 
so others may avoid Slough of Despond. 

When the beam of the lightless star of faith 
forms rain that falls into my open eyes 
long after I die on some signless road, 
I translate pointless melody to song 
that depicts the color of everything 
though I refuse to paint portrait of I. 

When the beam of the lightless star of fear 
soothes arrogant despair cracking my heart 
with anguish for each person killed in war, 
I savor surprise at beauty of Earth 
that swells my soul with passion for this life 
as I share love with my mate at my side. 

When the beam of the lightless star of rage 
explodes from apple seeds of hungry joy 
into global metropolis of greed, 
I give apples free to people I meet 
whose eyes give me visions while I record 
strange spiritual agony of our time. 

When the beam of the lightless star of lust 
constructs new bridge across abyss of death 
connecting my mind to real world of forms, 
I find no bridge will ever take me home, 
so I turn back and leave the Promised Land 
till I am at the gates of somewhere else. 

When the beam of the lightless star of life 
infuses mask of Janus with new truth 
that functioning brains conjure conscious minds, 
I walk past crowded stores on holidays 
and travel signless road to Wonderland 
where ghosts of my ancestors wait for me. 

When the beam of the lightless star of love 
reveals the mad king and his crownless clown 
dancing with joy in the indifferent storm, 
I bring them water from river of tears 
that no one drinks at the end of the show 
when I leave the theater before dawn. 


No comments:

Post a Comment