Friday, December 1, 2023

Kingdom Of The Mad

Kingdom Of The Mad
© Surazeus
2023 12 01

When I have faced the kingdom of the mad, 
with Dionysian prance of the nomad 
who knows no safe haven in this weird world, 
as forgotten child of the cosmic herald, 
I lie with my faceless wife on the bed 
lit by the dawn sun that smears our souls red. 

If we touch sorrow of magnolia blooms 
that beam ancestral dreams in cluttered rooms, 
we may discover passion we exchange 
with frantic urgency, which spans vast range 
of timeless memories we hope to share 
with ghosts of our children who haunt the lair. 

I fear it may take agents of the mind 
greed-corrupted centuries of war to find 
secret code of love programmed in these spells 
before they untangle nerves of dream wells 
enough to comprehend my point of view, 
designed to mislead them with honest clue. 

Down busy street of people with no hands 
I skip beyond the graveyard of great plans 
with manic energy of the wild god 
who loves to expose the religious fraud 
by dangling preachers out window of truth 
while shouting curses at messiah sleuth. 

The famous actor who reads poetry 
to fawning cultists of psychiatry 
pronounces prophecies of mental games 
that seal in clever riddles secret names 
which could refer to emotional states 
we use to conjure demons of old fates. 

Yet when Jehovah walks on solid ground 
as incarnation of the fish uncrowned, 
we gather on high pyramid of skulls 
to cheer when lithe boys defeat angry bulls 
in sacred ritual of the Fisher King 
who alone bears the world-controlling ring. 

Content with knowledge of the way things work, 
I cannot help but laugh when the dream clerk 
asks me why the weeping clown steals our hearts 
when his daughter sells apples from wood carts, 
so I explain what all this has to do 
with people enslaved in the money zoo. 

My wife and I rise from our bed at dawn 
to perform daily ritual on the lawn 
that conjures fiscal value from the land 
through creative gestures of the thought-hand, 
transforming the waste land to paradise 
without regard for the conceptual price. 


No comments:

Post a Comment