Saturday, December 9, 2023

When I Overcome Myself

When I Overcome Myself
© Surazeus
2023 12 09

With photo of the girl I love in hand 
I walk the blistering plain of wordless snow 
in red boots from Berlin to Leningrad 
where I want to study conceptual flow 
of demons dancing on high hill of skulls, 
haunted by millions of bomb-blasted souls. 

With tattered wings I stole from Icarus 
I dance across the bridge of evolution 
that twangs above the bottomless abyss 
in my quest to transcend the Superman 
when I overcome myself to become god, 
hunted into Hell by the justice squad. 

With rifle of bold will to change my fate 
I storm the holy citadel of Heaven 
where I shoot each angel guarding the gate 
to find nothing on gold throne but Moon Raven 
who mocks me as I trudge the muddy road 
back to fatherland of the humming toad. 

With iron fist in the arrogant tower, 
first forged from rage by eldest son of Jesus, 
I build world empire on electric power 
which I rule from dream cave on Mount Parnassus 
as dragon rising from the Texas plain 
because I teleport through drops of rain. 

With mirror that reflects spiritual stations 
I lure Amaterasu from her cave 
to help Rapunzel build United Nations 
from psychic energy of the sea wave 
on which I surf back home to Avalon 
where Ishtar rules, exiled from Babylon. 

With vibrant radar lyre of Mercury 
I explore Hades with the submarine 
on quest to find lost books of sorcery 
I want to give as gifts to Melusine 
who waits for me to come home from the war 
while working in our family grocery store. 

With treasure map for maze of Samarkand 
I journey back east with the Monkey King 
on white horse from Berlin to Leningrad, 
but I stop to watch sweet Luthien sing 
till Stalin abducts her from field of flowers 
and crowns her empress of the factory towers. 

With Scroll of Isaiah on sea of glass 
I reveal status of the New World Order 
based on measurement of atomic mass, 
employed by contempt of the punk skateboarder 
who raps about code of the cosmic herald, 
though I wake up from my visions bedeviled. 


No comments:

Post a Comment