Thursday, November 30, 2023

Transcend Death In Children

Transcend Death In Children
© Surazeus
2023 11 30

With my blood I paint circle of the sun 
with rays of light beaming from the White Whole 
on fractured wall of dark cathedral hall 
where bells ring deep from center of the Earth 
to wake Ophelia from her dream of death 
so she can scatter flower seeds in the soil. 

Emerging from cave of the underworld, 
alone without the soul of my dead bride, 
I weep with anguish of my healing heart 
that the dead cannot be brought back to life, 
so I sit on river-smoothed stone of faith 
and strum strings on the lyre of Mercury. 

Though I kiss Eurydike on her lips 
and hold her hand with faith in renewed life 
her spirit flutters on wings of the swan 
back to God Eye that every watches me 
with silent glare of everlasting truth 
while I run with her in the maze of myths. 

After I pray for new life after death 
with both hands raised to the indifferent sky 
Persephone laughs and points to the sun 
that shines through crystal dome of the blue sky 
so I walk circles around Helikon 
to find the grave where I buried my soul. 

While dancing slowly to beat of the drum, 
I watch Persephone thresh golden grain 
so Althea can bake fresh loaves of bread 
and Guinevere brings basket of live fish 
so we can feed five thousand refugees 
who flee the bombing of their ancient homes. 

When I hear cry of anguish from the woods 
I run down to shore of the River Styx 
where Ophelia and Clementine play 
in flowing waters of lost memories 
so they both baptize me to cleanse my soul 
then weave flowers into garland I wear. 

When I return home from the Otherworld 
with child Eurydike bore from my seed, 
I stand on flat-top pyramid of skulls 
and play electric guitar with pizzazz 
while thousands of people dance in the rain 
after drinking mushroom mead of weird dreams. 

From fractured memories of jumbled facts 
our minds assemble puzzle of weird truth 
to design ontology from despair 
so we can transform our terror to joy 
that generates new life from our desire 
to transcend death in children we create. 


No comments:

Post a Comment