Saturday, December 2, 2023

Distracted By Eternity

Distracted By Eternity
© Surazeus
2023 12 02

Distracted by eternity all day 
while I stare deep into eye of the void, 
I brood on divisible time of love 
that multiplies new bodies from my soul 
when my mother weaves my brain from her dreams 
and leaves me alone on the signless road. 

So I set out to explore the whole Earth 
in silent meditation on its pain 
that radiates from bodies of conscious souls 
who eat and drink strange spirit of its hope, 
then on the highest mountain in the sky 
I sing real beauty of our life and death. 

The cosmic herald on the mountain peak 
bears wand of brass with diamond eye of truth 
that channels sunlight of ten thousand stars 
through flashing neurons of my dreamless brain 
which blooms my soul from cave of beating hearts 
to stand in shocked surprise that I exist. 

Born from womb of the ocean with a heave 
that throws me on the river shore of faith, 
I crawl ten thousand years on curling coils 
of tangled trees that sprout tears into fruit 
to feast on passion of the bleeding moon 
till I become the smiling pool of thought. 

When raven of solitude with three eyes 
casts light of the sun through branches of trees, 
I fill my basket with eggs, fruit, and nuts, 
then sit in shadow of her guardian wings 
to strum strings bound tight to the turtle shell 
that ring soft with eerie Mercury sound. 

Yet spirit of my mother visits me 
inside the fragile butterfly of love 
who lands on my hand in tranquil repose 
which calms wild beating of my fearful heart, 
then I grip stick and stone with firm resolve 
to fight the people who want to kill me. 

Though reverent green trees cover my soul 
with collective faith in the truth I bear, 
encased in diamonds from the singing sand, 
I stand on hilltop amid dancing wolves 
and chant bold incantation against death 
to prove our bodies are formed by this land. 

Distracted by eternity all night 
while I float smiling on waves of the sea, 
I think about all the people I love 
who live out their lives somewhere far away, 
alone together on this crowded globe 
that spins forever in the star-eyed void. 


No comments:

Post a Comment