Saturday, December 23, 2023

Phoenix Of Freedom

Phoenix Of Freedom
© Surazeus
2023 12 23

If I could solve the long sorite of life 
that leads me past endless puzzles of truth, 
then I would claim the redness of sunrise 
through timeless energy of secret words 
as power that inspires my heart to love, 
born from Phoenix of Freedom I respect. 

With brutal beauty of the morning light, 
which radiates from eerie dreams that can kill, 
I calculate strange fate of innocence, 
immune to complaint of primitive powers 
that reassign my pain with signs of wisdom 
so I walk barefoot over fertile ground. 

The bright sunrays that penetrate rose windows 
fail to disperse gloom of cathedral halls 
though I grope through hazy vision of faith 
to find paradise hidden in foul graveyards 
where my ancestors wait for judgment day 
that never resurrects them from mute dust. 

Pretending I am not the fugitive 
who almost drowned in the river of tears, 
I photograph serene landscapes to capture 
odd slant of light against stark hill of trees 
where children search for bones among the flowers 
while singing hymns about the fallen angel. 

Yet thin harmonious tear of my childhood 
springs from dark bosom of the dreamless Earth 
as sparkling fountain from the fractured rock 
where wingless horses and white ravens flock 
with gang of boys who swim in the cold pool 
to replay journey of Odysseus. 

Grim face of the old nameless warrior, 
that stares down from the granite cliff of fame, 
watches thousands of empires rise and fall 
as rebels fight the tyrant and his clown 
who assassinates the lonely half-blind king 
so his daughter flees to live with kind farmers. 

With ancient energy pulsing my heart 
I stay till twilight on the roadless hill 
to feel vibration of the rainbow glow 
one million years through sparkle of my bones, 
yet never morphs into wings I can use 
to fly above vast maze of living myths. 

If we allow that tyrant to ascend 
one-eyed pyramid of the new world order, 
then we are doomed to fall from civil war 
in flames of greed that will destroy our world 
from which the Phoenix of Freedom will rise 
to teach us once again how to live free. 


No comments:

Post a Comment