Sunday, December 3, 2023

Why People Have To Die

Why People Have To Die
© Surazeus
2023 12 03

Through puzzling lucence of the pulsing Earth, 
swirled from combustion of gases and souls, 
nameless shadows of people I admire 
arrange themselves with meaning in my mind 
so I accept as facts we must discuss 
bewildering certainties of love and death. 

Long hours we wander barefoot by the sea 
we share confusing prayers for secret truth 
that only wordless waves would understand, 
contained in dreams of blind idealists 
who scatter cultural trash along the beach 
where optimism festers in tide pools. 

Hiding abstract rage in cool axioms 
that tangle human hearts with postulates, 
I try to fix the engine of the world 
that clacks with busted gears of principles 
no longer programmed to guide how we act 
with respect toward strangers in distant lands. 

My long unspoken hopes for global peace 
molder in fractured puddle by the road 
where children gather in blood-red sunset 
to place skulls of their parents on dry grass, 
then ask the trees why people have to die 
while kings in palaces eat apple pie. 

Because the mirror swallows my real face 
with each expression of justice I howl 
my tendency to prophesy the truth 
throws my body naked in the cold sea 
so I learn to swim on wings of desire 
as I sink deeper in abyss of doom. 

When I watch the dust mote balance on light 
with obvious metaphor of raven wings 
I feel my heart shoot arrow of contempt 
at careless fool whose actions cause me harm 
with ill intent to destroy all I build 
so they can claim my paradise as theirs. 

Since I repair the foundation of truth 
with complex principles that state old facts 
I fall in mute complacency of trust 
that all my actions cause good to occur 
to shore my heart against ruins of fear 
with each rocket that kills thousands of souls. 

When I portray our world without the fall 
to prove we ever rise from swirling seas 
I redesign ontology of faith 
that fuels my progress to the Promised Land 
as futile quest to build new paradise 
where every human lives with equal rights. 


No comments:

Post a Comment