Thursday, December 28, 2023

Fragile Flame Of Hope

Fragile Flame Of Hope
© Surazeus
2023 12 28

Celestial music of harmonious flow 
calls me through shadows of old tangled woods, 
so I float down steep hill of anguished breath 
to hunker down safe on the river shore 
where apparition of the water god 
blinds my eyes with beautiful rays of light. 

Seven angelic swans spread white wings wide 
and leap from writhing passion of the stream 
to glide far from dark terror of the woods, 
so I spread my arms and pretend to fly 
so I can escape dark shadow of death, 
but my heavy heart binds me to the ground. 

With sudden flutter of eccentric wind 
that weaves my heart in whorl of silver clouds 
I see aggressive motion of intent 
in surge of force behind visible forms 
which animates performance of all souls 
so I perceive weird world behind the world. 

Dramatic stillness of the flowing stream 
reveals vast presence of the starless void 
beneath lithe surface of the watery eye 
who seems to watch me with one timeless thought 
till light wakes bright inside my buzzing brain 
so I become reflection of the moon. 

When one angelic swan with moon-white wings 
returns from formless realm beyond the sky, 
and lands on stillness of the river flow, 
I know she brings me treasure from faint stars 
in apple that falls in my open hand, 
so I eat the sun contained in its juice. 

At the darkest hour of relentless night 
I reach my hand down in cold river flow 
to grasp white diamond gleaming with moonlight 
so I can touch thought of eternity 
that pierces my heart with ache of desire 
to stay awake beyond my nothingness. 

But I float deep in gloom of dreamless sleep 
as nothing more than fragile flame of hope 
that gleams brief hour with passion of mute love 
between vast stretches of eternity 
when I am not, before and after life, 
so I forget the name I never bear. 

Awake from timeless death of river flow 
I sing in tune with melody of rain 
that teaches me how I must live each day, 
because I am alive, and not yet dead, 
though I sink blind in nothingness of sleep, 
so I float in the cool river and grin. 


No comments:

Post a Comment