Wednesday, December 20, 2023

We Have No Wings

We Have No Wings
© Surazeus
2023 12 20

With orange-red laughter of the mindless sky 
I ponder reason for the thoughtful why 
that drives my progress in the rugged hills 
to search for apple trees by sparkling rills 
beyond heart-aching hunger of the mind 
that passion of my ancestors designed. 

You stand beside me in bright pouring rain 
to share compassion of our glowing pain 
as we transform from stones to human beings 
reluctant to accept we have no wings, 
so we must walk the Earth with breath of hope 
from careful balance on the mountain slope. 

Strange primal memories of the long ago, 
programmed by wisdom learned from wordless woe, 
frame how my present brain perceives this world 
through holy mission of the cosmic herald 
which I proclaim with flowing of the stream 
that mirrors weird patience of the sunbeam. 

I walk around truth of the mountain peak 
ten thousand times before I learn to speak 
with voice of wind that rumbles from my breast 
as I attempt to map fate of my quest 
which lures me to invent houses with doors 
containing concepts bound in language spores. 

So long before I build cities and roads 
my truth is forest ponds with singing toads 
who teach me wisdom of the faceless tree 
from which my words derive the arcane key 
which opens rotten door to castle tower 
where I first learn how to exercise power. 

Too far above the bustling market street, 
where I observe organic fertile beat 
of human hearts trapped in romantic plays 
still taking place in ever-shifting maze, 
I long for hero on the shining horse 
to liberate the world with gentle force. 

Yet no messiah flies down from the clouds 
to hover beaming over cheering crowds, 
so I manipulate lost souls with faith 
by conjuring shadow-whispers of the wraith 
till I reign over spider web of spies 
who bring me puzzle pieces of small lies. 

As dungeon master of the kingdom game, 
who reigns without cruel terror of the name, 
I watch the empire I created burn 
to ashes preserved in the silent urn 
depicting me as woman without crown 
who falls with Icarus in the sea to drown. 


No comments:

Post a Comment