Sunday, December 24, 2023

Book Of The Golden Rule

Book Of The Golden Rule
© Surazeus
2023 12 24

While drinking acrid wine on Christmas Eve 
to celebrate birth of some long-dead king, 
I feel my brain vibrate with the cosmic weave 
of atoms binding our world in vast ring 
where wild demonic suns of throbbing light 
sparkle in blood cells of my inner sight. 

To open gift-wrapped box of secret truth 
while sitting around tall pine by star pool 
I must rely on scripture-programmed faith 
for how I read Book of the Golden Rule 
by which I fight to defend fertile land 
with bloody sword of honor in my hand. 

They came to kill me and kidnap my bride, 
I explain to the old priest in the chapel, 
so I had to kill them to prove my pride, 
then sit by warm hearth and eat my last apple 
while I watch over my wife and young child 
who sleep at midnight, so peaceful and mild. 

While dreaming in art museum at midnight, 
among portraits of Madonna and Christ, 
I see epiphany through blaze of light 
that all those kings who reigned and sacrificed 
their lives to serve the Holy Grail with love 
are sons of Jesus in gold clouds above. 

Though Jesus himself is long dead by now, 
his descendants live in children of blood, 
mothers and sons who ride the holy cow 
as each new-born boy plays king blessed by God 
to reign over nations of Supermen 
who march to war with intention to win. 

Through bloodline of the Holy Grail Christ reigns 
with each generation of new-born sons 
who expand empire from castles of planes 
by sending soldiers to conquer with guns 
till every nation of the spinning Earth 
celebrates the night of his humble birth. 

Though I listen close on the midnight clear, 
I cannot hear that glorious song of old 
ring out across the land shrouded by fear, 
when angels on the Earth strum harps of gold 
to hail when the hidden dragon will rise 
to reign as global king beneath blue skies. 

I am no prophet bard with pen of blood 
but I can foretell birth of new world order 
that will rise from world war of storming flood 
where every last nation-confining border 
will be replaced by universal rights, 
enforced by fair laws the blind wizard writes. 


No comments:

Post a Comment