Friday, December 29, 2023

Garden Of Singing Skulls

Garden Of Singing Skulls
© Surazeus
2023 12 29

Because there are so many ways to go 
outward from still point of the universe, 
I stand without moving in vain attempt 
to stop relentless flow of changing time, 
but I feel energy of ancient stars 
pulse through taut beating of my hungry heart. 

The world around me that always seems still 
begins to move in tiny increments 
expressed in subtle motions I perceive 
with sharp attention of cautious respect 
which accumulate the longer I watch, 
till I can see changes grow by degrees. 

I see saplings sprout into sprawling trees, 
springs swell rivers into vast ocean swirls, 
cracked eggs release birds that soar among clouds, 
small quadrupeds bulge into huge adults, 
and fish evolve into lithe wingless angels 
who mistakenly believe they are gods. 

Tempted to engage in dramatic scenes 
where opposing groups battle for control 
over who gets to eat fruit of the tree, 
I restrain intense passion of my heart 
to wait with patience of the mountain moon 
till they destroy themselves in civil war. 

With the sneering serpent in Tree of Life 
I quietly observe how human souls 
interact through aggressive games of chance 
in never-ending war to rule the world 
so I can navigate currents of change, 
still alive in garden of singing skulls. 

When primal monster of my serpent brain, 
released by agony of suffering pain, 
possesses me with fierce demonic force, 
I realign flash of atomic course 
to fight the tyrant who enslaves our souls 
so every person can play their own roles. 

Each step I assert on long signless road 
to project my will at the virtual world 
radiates consequences of effect 
from visionary cause of my intent 
to reframe narrative of human life 
so moral of our tale features true love. 

Because I choose one single way to go 
on bold romantic quest to evade death, 
I progress forward on strict path of right 
with focus on goal to generate life 
through attention of love that correlates 
mutual connection of our fertile hearts. 


No comments:

Post a Comment