Thursday, December 14, 2023

Resilience Of Our Love

Resilience Of Our Love
© Surazeus
2023 12 14

When yellow spiders wrap my rotten corpse 
in starless cocoon of lost memories, 
then hang me from the highest ancient oak 
for me to dangle over the abyss, 
I feel torn fragments of my mirror mind 
disperse from blast of my exploding star. 

Under orange fog of the late autumn dawn 
I drive the winding road among tall oaks 
that shroud graves of my ancestors in leaves 
so when they rise from shadow of desire 
they crowd around my bed to chant low hymns 
with solemn timbre of cold ocean waves. 

For when I stand on shore of the wild lake, 
far from urban zones of commercial streets, 
and cry out to God of the Holy Book, 
nothing answers me but the antlered buck 
when Cernunnos emerges from dark waters 
and gazes in my soul with moon-black eyes. 

Since the mocking echo of my own voice 
is all that answers across mountain lakes 
I search the heart of darkness deep in me 
to conjure counter-love for every soul 
which I sing through original response 
to let lost souls know I can hear their prayers. 

From starless darkness of ancient oak woods 
my heart emerges from cocoon of death, 
reborn from fever of conceptual fear 
to play heart-aching melodies of faith 
on music pipe I carve from dragon bones 
that calls wild creatures to my moon-lit grove. 

Back eastward on road my ancestors blazed 
I pass through ruins of cities they built 
to find secret treasure of the first town 
where Tiresias presides in ring of stones 
over global empire of singing ghosts 
till they vanish when Ariel plays his flute. 

Wandering vast museum of empty rooms 
where fragments of ancient myths lurk in light, 
the marble statues from the Parthenon, 
the Grecian Urn, the Bust of Ozymandias, 
I search till I find the Skull of Orpheus 
who still sings prophecies no one can hear. 

When yellow spiders weave my newborn soul 
from dream-entangled threads of ancient myths, 
I wake refreshed from timeless sleep of death 
to sit with ghosts of people I adore, 
heart strengthened by resilience of our love 
that reassembles my mind from their eyes. 


No comments:

Post a Comment