Wednesday, December 6, 2023

Follow Chariot Of Phaethon

Follow Chariot Of Phaethon
© Surazeus
2023 12 06

Holding the White Rose of the Holy Ghost, 
I walk within walls of Jerusalem 
to find sacred stone on the mountain top 
where light of the sun once became the man 
who teaches us how to make angel wings 
so when they kill us we forget to die. 

From vision of the prophet on the street, 
who walks into the sky on divine breath, 
I extract conceptual nature of truth 
so when I gaze through telescope of faith 
I can see Heaven shine among the stars 
where Jehovah sits on his diamond throne. 

But vision of paradise with fruit trees 
vanishes in smoke of exploding bombs 
that Jehovah fires from tower of skulls 
to drive lost tribes from the Promised Land 
who wander nowhere in the wilderness 
to found new empire of the red right hand. 

Yet I dance laughing in the summer breeze 
around cobwebbed ruins of dead-god tombs 
while sons of Apollo herd Texas bulls 
to honor Mithra and his red-cape brand 
through endless human search for happiness 
that springs from mountain cave near Samarkand. 

Far from the misty isle of Avalon 
where my ancestors lived ten thousand years 
I hitchhike signless highway from Seattle 
to cross east of the Mississippi River 
on quest to find where Melusine was born, 
but linger lost in Appalachian hills. 

Somewhere in snowy woods of Idaho 
the covered wagon my ancestors drove 
over high Rocky Mountains from Missouri 
among lush hills of the Oregon Trail 
now rots in tangled roots of the oak tree 
my great-great-grandmother planted with tears. 

Wading waters that flood Miami Beach, 
I raise old wood guitar over my head, 
but walk not on water like Jesus did, 
though I see Venus on the scallop shell, 
hair blown by breath of Zephyrus, my guide 
who teaches me the honest facts of death. 

From time-shattered walls of Jerusalem, 
through golden halls of Athens on the hill, 
beyond crowded streets of Byzantium, 
I follow chariot of Phaethon past Heaven 
on endless quest to find some secret vale 
where I can live free from old castle kings. 


No comments:

Post a Comment