Wednesday, December 20, 2023

Pageantry Of Life

Pageantry Of Life
© Surazeus
2023 12 20

I strum star-vibrating lyre of my heart 
so I can recreate the conscious glow 
of supernatural passion which expands 
my skull-bound sense of self to enclose Earth 
with all its messy currents in one whole 
that rings through harmony of life and death. 

Instead of reaching toward the distant stars 
through irritable hope to grasp at the truth, 
I lie on grass beneath the apple tree 
to feel eternal spirit of the sky 
strum the sorrow-twanging lyre of my heart 
that luminates spirits on stage of life. 

Weird mystery, that conceals in psychic code 
how all material of our universe 
sprang into being from nothingness of hope 
that flares forth from first flash of the big bang, 
animates my brain with my conscious self 
so I incarnate divine mind of God. 

Thus each organic brain that beams with light 
on every planet in the universe 
incarnates soul of God in mortal form 
so zillions of souls on zillions of worlds 
dream together across vast galaxies 
to sing the harmony of flowing change. 

Born from my mother in the swirling sea, 
egg of truth sparked to life by seed of hope, 
I learn to walk in seething ocean waves, 
then stride along the winding river shore 
to climb the highest mountain in the world 
where I reach out to touch the silent stars. 

Yet when I fall back in my wingless mind, 
feeling alone on this vast spinning globe, 
I find you standing firmly by my side, 
so I hold your hand, and I kiss your mouth, 
then we walk back down to the river shore 
where we eat apples and sing as we dance. 

Your eyes wake me from slumber of lost time 
so we embrace and dance around the tree 
while Hermes plays heart-aching tune of hope 
on the lyre he designed from turtle shell, 
sweet melodies of timeless truth that stay 
relentless tide of death for just this hour. 

We play our roles in pageantry of life 
to generate new life before we die, 
then lie down on the ancient Earth of faith 
and sink into dark stream of nevermore, 
so children who spring from love of our hearts 
may play their roles in pageantry of life. 


No comments:

Post a Comment