Friday, December 22, 2023

Dreaming In The Earth

Dreaming In The Earth
© Surazeus
2023 12 22

Radical words blossom from roots of trees 
to organize chaos of chemicals 
in organic creatures with conscious minds 
who try to lift up the Earth without wings 
till tongues bind rage within tense curse of prayers 
so we can see the mystery with blind eyes. 

The river swirling from the mountain snow 
embraces me in stillness of her flow 
to teach me how with promise of respect 
to rein tight maelstrom of intense desire 
with elegant dance of flirtatious hope 
so stories of our mothers teach us love. 

Through endless circles of my cautious feet 
I explore strange landscape of this world 
by navigating memories of tall trees 
that shine with apples of the singing rain 
so I can float on surface of the stream 
where ghosts of dead people startle my dream. 

Entranced by petrichor of pungent faith, 
I dance with patter of raindrops on grass 
to call my mother dreaming in the Earth 
who rises up from surging waves of fear 
to laugh at thunder growling in the sky 
which teaches us to savor joy of death. 

Through silver greenness of the snowy woods 
I float toward whisper of serene despair, 
and imagine we are still holding hands 
toward shocking beauty of the silent peak 
that glimmers scarlet from old sunset fire 
which pierces my heart with wordless insight. 

If my vagabond heart leads me to you, 
long hidden in veil of faint memories, 
I bring you wood for fire in ring of stones 
that dispels bleak darkness of timeless gloom, 
for we are alone in vastness of death 
that shrouds our souls with nothingness of love. 

When snowflakes sparkle on our glowing cheeks, 
lonely as stars that glitter with moonlight, 
we suck honeysuckle from fragile vines 
till morning sunrays christen us with hope 
that we may live to see another day, 
so we hold hands and walk among the trees. 

With fleeting glance of supernatural grace 
that writhes from hollow of my anguished heart 
I reach out both arms from dark heart of Earth 
to embrace eternal light of your eyes 
that weaves our souls in bodies we create, 
millions of descendants born from our genes. 


No comments:

Post a Comment