Sunday, May 6, 2018

Your Nameless Land

Your Nameless Land
© Surazeus
2018 05 06

I think I am too broken now to play
your crazy game. I am mute and lame. The sky
expands my consciousness so far beyond
the naked perimeter of your law
that I have to learn how to fly, or die.
This was not the life I wanted to live,
but I could not escape the unseen chains
of horror you wound around my mind. Death
lurks in the cold shadows behind my eyes
cracked like the mirror. Ice envelops me
in crushing arms of lust. True liberty
I must fight for against the hungry men
who crowd the woods where I once looked for peace
outside church walls. I found refuge of hope
by singing waterfall that flows forever
indifferent to the suffering of my heart.
Even when I limp along empty road
where no signs can tell me the way back home
you haunt my steps with agonizing faith
in paradise you promised if I pledged
loyal obedience to your bold command.
I am too broken to fight your great war
so I will crawl ten thousand miles in dust
if I must to escape your clutching hand
that grips my heart. Your rage broke fragile wings
of my heart so I cannot fly. Your eye
swallows all horror that mutes blood-soaked soul
so I stab the sun. I will drink the blood
flowing from the apple that Death gave me
without a word. Everywhere cold wind howls
so even the last warm flame of the sun
vanishes forever in timeless void
of my memories. Booms of cannons blow
beating of my heart with drumbeat of fear.
We ran forward, clutching guns to our chests,
screaming for glory of victorious pride
into hail of bullets splattering our brains
to stain constitutions and bibles with blood
that gushes from the eyes of loyal soldiers
because God loves to feast on rotting corpses
of noble heroes who fight for good cause
of national strength, through courage of blind greed
to satisfy our need. I will devour
the world, consuming every living soul
to integrate the spirit of their minds
within the social power of lust I wield,
so every fake king I fight must now yield.
I force you to kneel before my clenched fist,
acknowledging my divine right to rule.
Who am I on this muddy field of war,
struggling against the mute darkness of Death
to crawl the endless field ten thousand years?
I forgot the name my mother called me,
but I will always fight for Liberty
because I see her standing in bright rain
as she calls my name. I am blind and lame
so here I sit in Somewhere City lost,
waiting for someone to put loaf of bread
and cup of water in my outstretched hand.
I am the king who rules your nameless land.

No comments:

Post a Comment