Sunday, May 27, 2018

Puzzle Of History We Play

Puzzle Of History We Play
© Surazeus
2018 05 27

The challenge we all face is how to live
drama of the chess game of power we lust
to consume every fruit from Tree of Life
if we forget not to plant seeds of hope.

Each moment we swim through the maze of lies
flashing illusions from computer screens
that mirror hopes we project on face masks
people design to shield their souls from lust.

I want to play the noble role I write
for myself to star in movie of fame
while puzzling facts to create my new name
from how ice-frosted windows reflect light.

I enter world stage through false door of hope
and speak these lines I rehearsed in the dark
but other actors do not speak their lines
because they each play star of their own movie.

I refuse to play the supporting role
in that movie where you are tragic hero
so we all walk away from empty stage
where the hungry clown entertains the troops.

I sit in the park under nameless tree
and paint stars with the atoms of my brain
that weave the mask of this self you perceive
from the roots of fruit trees gripping my heart.

I strum strings of the lyre but melody
of despair jangles my heart out of tune
though my eyes are made of rays from the moon
which follows me through the forest of shadows.

I stop by the black river to confront
the blazing light that shrouds me in fire wings,
singing wordless horror till I know well
that name eternity whispers through me.

The man in the tower sent silver-winged planes
to bomb the home I built with broken hands
and fire burns the trees my grandmother planted
so I walk the waste land beyond paradise.

We gather on shore of the poisoned river
and soak the desert sand with bitter tears
so the world swallows our sorrow in silence
and leaves us staring at the cloudless sky.

You cannot see this agony of hope
written on the wrinkles of my fake face
because I hide in these secret runes
that riddle puzzle of history we play.

I am not Nostradamus nor Orpheus
but they both howl through the mask of my soul
so I play their roles on the stage of life
though no one is watching my comedy.

No comments:

Post a Comment