Friday, May 18, 2018

River Of Etain

River Of Etain
© Surazeus
2018 05 18

When sunlight gleams on the River of Etain
we dance in the wind that blows through our hair
then run through the woods to the Well of Wisdom
where red berries fall from nine hazel trees.

The spirit of Etain dissolves in water
and flows sparkling between green rolling hills
where hunters chase deer in the hazel woods
then pause to hear her singing in the wind.

While wandering in mist of Glengarriff Forest
I kneel on gray rocks covered in green moss
to gaze in sparkling pond where sun gleams gold
and dream about the green eyes of Etain.

I see long curls of her hair in the clouds
and hear her laughter in rain splashing hills
and smell her skin in moss on black oak trunks
and taste her kiss in walnuts by the stream.

But where is she now, my spritely Etain,
vanished in the flow of the sparkling stream,
though still I hear her song in ocean waves
that cry out her name in the empty hills.

Her bright silver eyes gaze down at the world
from the moon that glitters among rain clouds
and her hair gleams red in the sunset fire
that flashes over hills of weeping oaks.

When moonlight shines on the River of Etain
I wander in wind that blows through my hair
and kneel empty of tears by Well of Wisdom
where red berries fall from nine hazel trees.

When I gaze in the pool of gleaming stars
I see green eyes of Etain gaze at me
so I walk in mist of Glengarriff Forest
and sing with her voice in the river flow.

No comments:

Post a Comment