Wednesday, May 9, 2018

Whole Quest Of Mankind

Whole Quest Of Mankind
© Surazeus
2018 05 09

I see the mounds where the dead lie in coffins,
never more to wake and feel joy or sorrow,
and understand why people must believe
fantasy that they will be resurrected
because no one so conscious with awareness
wants to accept we disappear forever.

We bloom from the nothingness of the void,
coiled springs of light wound tight inside of atoms
that evolve into creatures with two eyes
and brain that conjures model of the world,
transform from animal to thinking God,
then dissolve back into the mindless void.

Emily tries to argue that the coffin
is but the doorway to the House of Heaven
where we shall sing poems all eternity,
so I sigh, wishing that she was correct,
but if my consciousness blanks when I sleep
how can my soul survive death of my body?

The energy that pulses in my atoms
will always pulse, no matter where they are,
flashing dreams in the neurons of my brain,
sparkling water in clouds, rivers, or seas,
or binding sugars in apples or wheat,
for each atom was forged in the First Flash.

The memory of flaring forth into stars
then spinning into the globe of our world,
while evolving into four-legged creatures,
sparkles in every atom of my brain
so I feel I have always been alive
and will shine long after my brain dissolves.

I became more conscious with each new life
as we crawled from the sea up sparkling streams
and rose from the lake to pluck fruit from trees,
so now I can sing the whole quest of mankind
to evolve from animals into gods
that guides our children on before we die.

No comments:

Post a Comment