Friday, May 18, 2018

Dragon Slayer Of Heaven

Dragon Slayer Of Heaven
© Surazeus
2018 05 18

I dream of angels in the silver sky
who carry me high on broad wings of light
then through the golden gate of time we fly
and walk marble streets to Temple of Sight.

Through spacious hall of pillars I approach
the shining throne of power where awesome God
with eyes of thunder gazes down at me
which fills my heart with overwhelming love.

I spread my arms beneath his flashing eyes
and cry to him with prayer of loyal thanks,
"Almighty God, who created all things,
I thank you for creating me from dust."

"You breathed into my lump of river clay
your glowing beam of consciousness with love
so I may walk the shadows of your world
and radiate light of truth within my mind."

Before I continue my prayer God laughs,
and lightning flashes through Temple of Sight
so I peer closer at the Throne of Power
to see God change into small croaking frog.

I swiftly leap thirteen pyramid steps
and snatch the croaking frog with my left hand
then, after gazing in its flashing eyes,
I swallow God within my flaming heart.

I feel weird pulsing singularity
of timeless passion spinning in my brain
deep in the boundless void of timeless nowhere
till hot spark of lust explodes beyond why.

From infinite darkness of nothing I
flash white from friction of colliding souls
to burst broad big bang of billowing coils
that spiral twanging music of desire.

First Flash of lightning bangs all into being
and flares forth bursting into sparks of eyes
that spiral wild on wings in galaxies
of countless stars exploding from my neurons.

I wake in cavern by the roaring sea
and sit up on the sand of sparkling light
then gaze at mushroom I clutch in my hand,
amazed at strange visions I dream in sleep.

Creeping from cavern haven to green waves,
I dig for turtle eggs buried in sand
to crack frail shells and drink sweet golden light,
then stare into the blustering wind of time.

I climb steep cliff on vines of purple grapes
that squirt sweet juice of rain inside my heart,
then watch the giant fathered dragons work
constructing tall temple from diamond beams.

The dragons gather in the ring of diamonds
to walk in circles around the huge ruby
that glitters scarlet with rays from the sun
and chant deep rumbling hymns of hopeful love.

The tallest dragon queen with rainbow feathers
ascends to stand tall on the ruby disk
then all the dragons hush and stand erect
while she chants sweet melody of desire.

When giant spotted egg slides from her womb
and glitters bright blue in the setting sun
two strongest males step forth beneath the ruby
then bare their claws and roar sharp jagged teeth.

While dragon queen sings hymn of incarnation
the two strongest males battle to the death,
howling in rage as they slash at each other
till one triumphs, tearing off his weak head.

Triumphant male climbs the bright ruby disk
and, while the dragon queen crouches down low
over spotted egg, he clutches her hips
and thrusts until seed gushes on her egg.

Then all the dragons lift their arms up high
and rustle flashing feathers in the twilight
just as the moon rises silver at sunset
and billions of stars twinkle like their eyes.

Sneaking through the huge dragons as they sleep,
heaped together inside the ring of diamonds,
I climb the ruby where dragon queen lies,
arm curled around her fresh fertilized egg.

Slipping spotted egg inside leather bag,
I fashioned from skin of dragons I ate,
I slide back down the ruby to dry dust
and tip-toe through the temple of tall diamonds.

Hiding the dragon egg inside small cave,
I pull veil of vines to hide the entrance,
then cower terrified when the dragon roars,
raging at disappearance of her egg.

Peeking through thick tangled veil of grape vines,
I watch the dragon queen on promontory
gaze out to sea and cry in lamentation
bellows of aching sorrow in the wind.

Waiting several moons, I keep the egg warm,
till it cracks and baby dragon emerges,
elegant demon with bright golden eyes
that gaze at me with tender faithful love.

While I ride on the soft down of her back,
she races along the beach every morning
where we catch fish and gather turtle eggs,
then sit together feasting in cave haven.

When she grows large as rainbow feathers sprout
and she begins to eye me hungrily
I slash her throat with jagged diamond shard
then slice her open to consume her organs.

I drink her hot blood and eat her soft brain,
then wrap her skin around my fragile body
so I transform into the little dragon
and run along the beach in gleaming sun.

Arriving at the curving beach of sand
where thousands of my people live in clans,
each one gathered around their emerald,
I walk among them in my dragon skin.

Approaching large ziggurat with twelve levels,
I roar at guards who stumble as they flee,
then climb slowly before gathering crowd
and stand before them as they howl in fear.

I step before the old king of our nation
who clutches at the young girl I once loved
and laugh when he shrieks terrified of me,
then I clutch his throat with sharp dragon claws.

"You drove me from emerald of my clan
where my father ruled as our family leader
and took from me the bride of my hearth fire,
insulting me with your arrogant greed."

"I died and was reborn in cave of dreams
as dragon spirit from the realm of stars
so now I return on the rainbow beam
to eat your soul and make myself the king."

Clutching his head, I bite into his throat,
and drink his blood while he struggles in vain,
then I hurl his lifeless body in dust
and laugh when hungry souls devour his flesh.

Wearing dragon jaws like crown on my head,
I sit on the emerald ziggurat throne,
and smile while every emerald clan leader
ascends high steps to kneel before my face.

Snapping from strange reverie of power games,
I look around cathedral during service
and watch the priest in red on golden throne
lift golden cup of wine up to the heavens.

Stifling laughter that erupts from my heart,
I see how the bread was once the mushroom,
and the wine was once the blood of the dragon,
and priest hat is the dragon head I wore.

Dressed in white robe, I sing with choir of angels
hymn that celebrates great victory of God
who sent his only son to Earth as man
and sacrificed himself so we may live.

Ten thousand years after I killed the dragon
mankind worships me as the great Messiah
who slew the monster and freed man from death,
so sing your hymns to celebrate my triumph.

After mass I leave the huge stone cathedral
and walk the city streets to my apartment,
watching cars fueled by oil from dragon flesh,
where I eat roast beef and watch television.

No comments:

Post a Comment