Wednesday, January 31, 2018

Why I Build This House

Why I Build This House
© Surazeus
2018 01 31

Through numbers of electrons in each shell,
which spirals singing around the tight nucleus
of protons and neutrons, that pulse with hope,
will molecules connect in sparkling rings.

The universe of galaxies that weave
pulsing stars to nourish planets of creatures
arranges itself in puzzle of forms
who wake and comprehend our complex world.

Crouched on grassy shore of this flowing stream,
I gaze into the sky where I once saw
face of my father who explained to me
that his father created it all with words.

Though his body rotted away to dirt,
where two apple trees grow from his blank eyes,
I feel my father gazing down at me
from huge face in constellation of stars.

I ask him to explain in more complex detail
weird truth about the tree that bears sweet fruit,
harsh reason I must struggle to survive,
and why my heart aches with raging desire.

When seven wolves lope snarling in my grove
and crouch to bare sharp teeth and leap at me,
I grab strong stick and toss sharp jagged stones,
then smack them hard to break each tender nose.

After the wolves flee yelping in the mist,
I toss the stones to see how they will arch,
and wonder why they fly when I swing wand
which knocks them arching to bounce on the ground.

What physics of things causes things to move,
and why does everything in the world move,
and what caused everything to first start moving,
and was that done with deliberate intent?

Or does everything move in ceaseless flow
of cause and effect, rippling into time,
from weird unconscious lust to spiral flash
assembling spheres of pulsing light that sing?

Ten thousand years later we human beings,
taught by priests that invisible God rules,
gaze upward at billions of flashing stars,
hoping to find reason why we are here.

Four hundred generations later I
stand on that same river shore of this world
and contemplate the omnipotent physics
of interaction between pulsing atoms.

When pulsing electrons compose carbon rings
that spiral into taut genetic coils,
matter evolves into small single cells
who clump together in organic beings.

Clumps of matter with better sensing organs
consume other clumps to assimilate
energy of their atoms in their forms,
then reproduce themselves to consume more.

The plants and animals which crawl from waves
in seething tides of transient energy
succeed in reproducing their own forms
in constant battle to consume the world.

For hundreds of years spinning in the void
thousands of scientists explore the world
and formulate theories from sensed results
that measure interactions of moving atoms.

Today I perceive our weird universe
through conceptual glasses defining nature,
forged by those thousands of wise scientists,
that focus my mind on its arcane aspects.

Each stance where I pause on the curving world
provides different perspective of its aspects
so my mind constructs complex virtual model
that mirrors universe of pulsing atoms.

How slippery slide these words I try to stack
to shape conceptual rooms with measured stanzas
in labyrinthine museum that displays
models of reality that cultures build.

Astronomers compile vast maps of stars
to show how all galaxies that exist
form enormous threads in huge oval web
shaped just like flashing neurons of our brains.

So that is why for you, my precious love,
I build this house of stone with hearth for fire,
and tend these apple trees on fertile shore
of this stream that flows from fresh mountain snows.

We sit together under shining stars,
lovers cuddling with children we create,
and sing ancient melodies of desire
to explain arcane mysteries of our Cosmos.

No wise father gazes down from bright stars
and no God created our world of forms,
but atoms pulsing with wise energy
transform to brains who wake in dream of light.

Some father woke ten thousand years ago
and sang his vision of our universe
so we continue song of our one dream
to design virtual model of the real.

We design our concept of loving God
based on actions of men who ruled our tribes
and present this idol of ideal leader
as model for men to play as they rule.

Just as fathers of my father sang tales
describing dramas of human existence
I sing new tales to convey ancient dreams
as you in turn will sing your own new hymns.

Atoms swirl into stars that nourish planets
where we evolve while eating fruit in trees,
so we make love to reproduce our souls
and sing together in sweet dream of stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment