Wednesday, January 10, 2018

Competing World Views

Competing World Views
© Surazeus
2017 08 08

In these wild days of competing world views
how can I separate well-perceived facts
from fictions based on ideologies
so I can recognize and trust the truth?

Each group of people, struggling to survive
hostile social games of kill or be killed,
designs world view based on acts of success
that guides their way through the valley of death.

The wandering fool lost in the bleak waste land
who discovers the source of sacred truth
bubbling from the broken world will return
as wise prophet who teaches magic spells.

From desperation of struggle with death
the prophet creates framework of concepts
through weird calculation of riddling spells
that reveal true essence within each form.

The teeming world around me I perceive
to be crystal structures of molecules
that interact through chemistry of numbers
in process of construction and destruction.

The constant motion of matter in space
controlled by physical laws of desire
for atoms swirling in vast hungry void
I can trust to energize my brain dreams.

The subject is breathing organic creature
who perceives the world with stereo eyes
and designs virtual model in its brain
then chooses to act to cause new effect.

The object is solid mineral crystal
caused to move and transform in basic shape
by imaginative subject who converts
rocks and trees into engine-run machines.

I describe the changing world I perceive
with words that mirror ideas of things
and conjure apparitions of my dreams
with magic spells I chant on moonlight nights.

I am evil demon you cannot see
who tricks you into thinking all you feel
is illusion of desire that is real
so you slave for cash, thinking you are free.

No comments:

Post a Comment