Thursday, January 11, 2018

We Turn To Water

We Turn To Water
© Surazeus
2018 01 11

We turn to water at the kiss of light
which flows along the channels of our dreams
till we rise up at dawn on shore of time
and pluck ripe apples from the tree of life.

These whispers of infinity reveal
strange motivation in desire to taste
sparkles of rain that trickle from your eyes
and nourish this body of dust I am.

I give you apple of my soggy brain
so you can taste the real dreams I conceal
yet when I remove the mask of your name
I see vast spinning galaxies of death.

When we hold hands and walk the winding road
through lightless forest of sad whispering trees
we wander far beyond the walls of heaven
to plant apple seeds where rain never falls.

I dip my hands in water of your eyes
and see your face reflected from dark clouds
so I must sing the weird words you gave me
before the moon returns you to my arms.

I see your face reflected in moon stone
that melts in sorrow from my grasping hands
till hot sun reveals your time-rotting face
since apple tree grows from your muddy heart.


No comments:

Post a Comment