Friday, January 5, 2018

Inside My Tiny Eye

Inside My Tiny Eye
© Surazeus
2018 01 05

The universe with galaxies of stars,
spiraling in vast swirl of flashing brain,
bangs out from seed of singularity
and flares forth into ovoid of my eye.

I walk the ocean beach in blustering wind
to search for universal archetypes
of ideal forms in every thing I see
so my brain models the real world in dreams.

The roaring ocean waves explain in song
vast emptiness between atoms in things
and how forms express energy of light
that pulses in rising space of my mind.

I clear preconceived notions of the world
encoded in ideas inherent in words
my mother sang to envision the real,
and redesign mental model of all.

Each tree that sprouts from bulging hill of soil
appears in universal form of Tree
so I dream the potential of new Treeness
encoded in the shell of every seed.

Was all the matter in our universe
once congealed in enormous egg of matter
till angelic sperm of bright divine mind
sparked its spiraling expansion into being?

Are we the first universe to exist
from congealed singularity of stuff,
or did the previous universe contract
to expand again in cosmic heart beat?

I gaze at blazing sun that gleams through clouds
of spacious sky and feel its piercing rays
weave matter through cells composing my flesh
like giant spider weaving web of atoms.

O holy Sun Spider, Goddess of Light,
weave the form of my body from your atoms
and spark clear visions flashing in my brain
that conjure ghostly idols of god face.

My brain is conscious of its throbbing body,
our world is conscious of its spinning sphere,
our sun is conscious of its flaming flash,
and our galaxy is conscious of us.

Our sun and world are two small specks of dust
in enormous spiraling universe
that shimmers like the neurons of our brains,
conscious of itself inside my frail head.

I am the universe of countless stars
perceiving itself from inside itself,
so all galaxies flashing in vast space
are conscious in the brains of organisms.

I laugh in glow of this epiphany
while wandering cold city streets at night
to feel so small in vast infinity
that shimmers huge inside my tiny eye.

But when I pluck apple from humming tree
and consume sweet juice from sunlight and rain
I savor matter nourishing my brain
through intimations of immortality.

Though, in my temporary state of life
I beam conscious perception of the world
of vibrant existence before my birth
and long after death of my consciousness.

I sense in glimpse of chemical expression
immortal pulsing of atoms in me
that intimate my own mortality
with sense of timeless joy to exist now.

Because I know my consciousness will vanish
when chemical functions of my brain cease
I savor more sweetly my throbbing body
that aches to express pleasure of word song.

Hold my hand and walk with me in cool night,
and we will gaze at stars twinkling so small,
knowing each one was giant sphere of flames
that vanished long before we evolved from algae.

No comments:

Post a Comment