Sunday, January 14, 2018

Stories Of Nameless Souls

Stories Of Nameless Souls
© Surazeus
2018 01 14

Quicker than lightning striking at my eye
I feel the whole world flood my heart with love.
So many fascinating people live
and die in the tight spinning of our world
that all their voices whisper in the wind
and all their hopes lust in the ocean waves.
Numerous as the grains of sand on the beach,
or leaves fluttering from forests of trees
that cover mountains on vast continents,
all the people who have lived on this world
crowd around me and beg me to record
their names and deeds in their journeys through life.
I want to tell every one of their stories
but I would have to live a thousand years
to tell but one small fraction of them all.
Their names are all lost in the winds of time.
They swirl around me like leaves in the wind
that blows against my face with careless cries
where I walk alone through indifferent woods
and feel their sorrows aching in my heart.
All the weird anguish of their dispersed hopes
howl mute from the wild beating of my heart.
I reach out my hand to catch just one leaf
to read their name Runed in its brittle veins
and see the faded specter of their face
appear for one moment in sunset glow
as the leaf dissolves to dust in my hand,
and all the memories of their conscious dreams
vanish across the field in twilight glow.
I pause a while between two nameless towns
on lone signless road under purple skies
and feel timeless flash of eternity
swell outward from my mind when whirling hours
cease flowing motion of transforming change
as all the human souls who ever lived
pulse silently in the cells of my brain.
I gaze into the vast abyss of death
and see them all looking back up at me,
and every soul becomes one twinkling star
that glitters in spiraling galaxy,
but when I try to focus on one face
and sense the hoping visions they perceived
they all dissolve into the swirling waves
of the vast sea that swallows sorrow down.
I want to tell stories of nameless souls
but I must live my own hour on this world,
savoring the sweetness of summer days
and glowing with the ecstasy of vision
when I float in eternity of now.
That is why, I whisper to the oak tree
where seven ravens watch me with red eyes,
I will accept his proposal of marriage,
and live with him in his home by the sea.
I love the tangy smell of ocean waves
that sparkle in his hair each time he laughs
after telling me another strange tale.
I see the light of his home gleaming white
through the infinite sorrow of the night.

No comments:

Post a Comment