Saturday, January 27, 2018

Last Queen Of Kamaria

Last Queen Of Kamaria
© Surazeus
2018 01 27

Up from the murky waters of the heart
poisonous serpents writhe from bitter hate
against the monsters that try to devour
soul-sparkling bodies in the hunt for power.

I will play divine god of our great tribe
but if you dare oppose my sovereign will
I will obliviate your willful heart
and twist you to obey all my commands.

These angry thoughts that burn my hungry mind
erupt as bats from cavern of lost souls
who howl in blustering wind from naked sea
that swallows millions of souls into silence.

When world-enclosing empires fall in flames
and cities are besieged by hordes of thieves,
the man and woman holding hands escape,
walking together over empty fields.

They craft new home from tragedy of war
and plant black apple seeds by gushing stream,
then play hide and seek in the twilight zone
with their children innocent of despair.

The little girl with eyes clear as the sky
kneels by the gushing river in gold dawn
and gazes down in turmoil of desire
to dream the motion of creative force.

Three old wise men with long moon-silver hair
that flows in cold indifferent wind of fear
appear before her father picking apples
and proclaim him new emperor of the world.

Your harsh father, who ruled with iron fist
of brutal oppression, trusted young man
he loved to bear his cup of sparkling wine,
and so he drank the poison of our hate.

Since you are eldest son he sired from lust
you have first right to claim his crown of power
and wield the scepter over life and death,
or else our empire will bleed in civil war.

Running from the shadow of some dark fear,
I stand by my father and grasp his hand,
and he looks down in shimmer of my eyes
and sighs with sorrow of the old chained bear.

Though I would love to keep this peaceful life
I know I must go play the role of god
to preserve the system of thought control
my father built to organize our labor.

I tug his hand and whisper in his ear,
I fear they will dress in wreathes of flowers
then lead you like the bull to sacrifice
and slaughter you on the altar of peace.

Turning to the three magi of the stars,
my father smiles and gives them back the crown,
and yet I will maintain this peaceful life
and leave the empty rituals to blind fools.

Beaming with joy, my father kisses me,
then turns away and we walk toward the river,
but the three old magi unsheathe sharp knives
and stab him in the back so red blood squirts.

My shocked father falls thudding to the Earth
and stares at the vast sky of burning fire,
then gazes at my soul with flashing eyes
as he stiffens cold from the fear of death.

The oldest magi grips my tender arm,
and drags me toward the wagon of gold wheels
where they chain me to the high throne of power
and place large crown of jewels on my head.

Now you are the empress of the whole world,
they proclaim as the wagon rolls through city
where thousands of people cheer at my face
when they carry me up the ziggurat.

The old woman sitting on the gold throne
looks down at me with eyes clear as the sky,
and whispers, so that is why I sit chained
forever to this bright throne of world power.

Lifting up her arms till her sleeves slide down,
she reveals gold chains clamped around her wrists
that bind her forever to throne of power,
and she smiles as she makes them rattle soft.

How sweet the music of my chains of power,
she laughs, then leans back on the throne and sighs
as thirty priests play music in the hall,
then stares at me with sorrow of the dead.

You cannot free me from the chains of power
unless you sever my head from my body,
she howls in horrible anguish of rage,
so I leap forward and swing my sword fast.

Slashing off her head with generous love,
I free her soul from torment of her chains,
then face the priests shocked in silence of fear
and laugh as they flee down ziggurat steps.

Cradling her smiling head close to my breast,
I walk through crowds of people staring shocked,
and proclaim, my mother begged me to free
her aching soul from torment of her role.

Now I will rule the empire of our land
but I will not rule chained to the gold throne,
for I will walk with you in liberty
and give each of you what you most desire.

No comments:

Post a Comment