Sunday, January 28, 2018

Black Door Of Doom

Black Door Of Doom
© Surazeus
2018 01 28

Confused and twisted in knots I stand blind
on sharp edge of steep invisible cliff
that angles down into the bleak landscape
of soggy meadows where trail of my hopes
shimmers among the naked trees of lies
which give me rotten fruit I cannot eat.

The winter wind freezes bones of my soul
brittle as ice cracking on the black pond
where quiet horror hides in murky depths,
so I dip my frail hand in frozen light
to find the true name my mother once gave me,
and wait for the echo of her dead voice.

I lean against the yew tree by the pond
when icy wind blows through my hollow bones,
and replicates idols of my young body
who stand smiling among black leafless trees
so I think you might now stand just behind me
but when I turn you vanish in moonlight.

The snow drops pieces of dark aching gloom
in hollow dale of my heart where gray rocks
wait to contain this mind that leaks red tears
from my jeweled eyes fractured by sunlight
that rips open the numb despair I savor,
because I clutch apple seeds in cold hand.

I grasp crackling leaves of catastrophe
and design new future where I will live
beyond the nothing of my hopeless fear
because I stand unmoving inside wings
of dead angels, stuck at blank door of doom
my own hands carved from the last tree of fruit.

Call me Sylvia for I am the blind queen
of your woods, goddess of fountain-fed groves
where children once played in rays of my eyes,
and though they smile as skulls on broken rocks
I can revive them from seed of their hopes,
which I tell myself every day at dawn.

Touch me and you will feel my heart beat faint
as stasis in darkness of infinite
time that winds my heart tighter than cold wind
which shudders the substanceless blue of love,
so I kneel to plants seeds in furrowed soil
and taste bloody mouthfuls of shadowed lust.

The cry of my child who was never born
melts down trunks of trees that watch me not cry,
so I grind wheat with cold stone of my heart
while listening to the glitter of the sea
explain white dew drops which splash on my face
when red eye of morning substantiates me.



No comments:

Post a Comment