Saturday, July 6, 2024

Window Of The Sky

Window Of The Sky
© Surazeus
2024 07 06

I love soft laughter of the waterfall 
that only children in the wild woods hear, 
yet in strange mirror glow of the glass hall 
sorrow stalks the old folks with hearts of fear 
who search for salvation of the gold eye 
that watches us from window of the sky. 

If thought-whispering leaves of apple trees 
echo crowded streets of our neighborhood 
I could seek comfort in the drowsy breeze 
that shrouds our world with twilight of the good 
so when we hide our voices in the ground 
we share the secret key of what we found. 

When our fears rise in the sparrowy air 
with voices of the long-forgotten dead 
we should try to name them as if we care 
about the ritual feast of wine and bread 
designed by the girl on the ocean cliff 
who alone knows where all the angels live. 

We lie without shoes in our lonely boat 
which glides on river flow of humble faith 
to visit the dead where their wood masks float 
in swirling glitter from soul of the wraith 
who guards our country with the rolling stone 
while I play sad tunes on the flute of bone. 

Driving along the sea, I cultivate 
passion of my heart where the weird sun gleams 
till I stand weary before the locked gate 
with nothing in my hands but useless dreams 
that help me measure vastness of the sea 
on empty surface that frames what I see. 

Swelling into the huge blackness of time, 
my heart conceals eternity of love 
with secret image of the psychic crime 
which I commit in shadow of the cave 
while writing love letters with ink of blood 
since I may not survive conceptual flood. 

I feel essential spark of honesty 
blaze bright from subconscious core of my being 
with radiantly calm peace of tragedy 
so idol of my unself spreads each wing 
composed of spirits in the lighthouse beam 
which proves my life is more than fevered dream. 

This riddle I sing with heart-aching tune 
is secret that only you and I share 
so we embrace in shelter of the moon 
while everyone else wanders in despair 
because no one understands our dream code 
that guides us safely on the dangerous road. 


1 comment:

  1. Orpheus floats on angel wings through glowing window of the sky to understand our dream code.

    ReplyDelete