Monday, July 22, 2024

Crane With Diamond Eyes

Crane With Diamond Eyes
© Surazeus
2024 07 22

When I fly on the crane with diamond eyes 
over boundless sea of eternity, 
I mold nothingness into memories 
that flash in television of the sky 
so everyone can see how I perform 
quest of my life outside the social norm. 

Though I rest weary on the river shore 
with crane of death in diamond-sparkling snow, 
I feel emanating from iron core 
spirit of the Earth in magnetic flow 
that writhes in flashing Aurora-light storm 
from which our vast galactic brains transform. 

Carved clear on the Immortality Stone, 
my name defines noble deeds of the law 
because World King began life as the pawn 
who listens to advice of the Moon Crow 
to paint his life myth on the Grecian urn 
that depicts how his heart will always yearn. 

Stuck in gray garden of passionless bliss, 
Phoebus grips lyre that he will never play 
to recount vain quest for the Golden Fleece 
which proves our lives are nothing more than myth 
that future civilizations will learn 
from books that fascists always want to burn. 

Because we all will fly the Crane of Death 
forever across the Nothingness Sea, 
we choose as our next god the Blind Locksmith 
who writes weird prophecies that help us pray 
when Minerva arrives on the White Hart 
with script for each person to play their part. 

I would rather play game of chess with Fate 
to compose riddle that encodes each clue, 
which helps me find my secret soulmate Cute 
whose golden curls entrance the castaway, 
than pretend I am mad to fool the smart 
who sell Almaty Apples from the cart. 

Entranced by eerie music of the flute 
that flashes visions of ghosts in my eye, 
I run with arms spread to imitate flight 
so I can dispel the kind bugaboo 
who asks us to meet him at the airport 
so I can escape with the fake passport. 

Minerva invites us to watch her fight 
as brave prosecutor who wields the law 
to stop the felon executing plot 
to steal crown of thorns from the savior spy 
who performs clan rites in the hilltop fort 
when she condemns the vile traitor in court. 


1 comment:

  1. Orpheus flies the white crane of death to sea of eternity.

    ReplyDelete