Friday, July 5, 2024

Words My Ancestors Spoke

Words My Ancestors Spoke
© Surazeus
2024 07 05

The words my ancestors spoke long ago 
have disappeared into the song of time 
so now I can no longer understand 
sad songs of mountain trees and ocean waves, 
yet they still swirl in passion of my heart 
so I must translate them to words we know. 

Each string I pluck on matrix of the lyre 
rings bright with primeval tone of the stars 
which radiates out from way my fingers dance 
in sensuous flow of undulating thoughts 
that spiral around frail chair where I sit 
flash of my emotional hurricane. 

Deep down in silent abyss of my heart 
I feel prime spark of conscious sentiment
blaze bright with potent flame of energy 
so I arrange its fluid ardency 
in lithe draconic coil of empathy 
mapped as meridian maze on mental chart. 

Adjusting focus of attentive faith, 
I channel electric course of desire 
through pulsing jolt of strict velocity 
as love-fueled flame of galvanized discharge 
that swells my mind huge as our galaxy 
in small body composed of chemicals. 

On time-contracting wings of competence 
I soar as beaming thread of conscious flare 
to face aggressive demon of my fear 
that rages to consume ephemeral soul 
of sweet elusive love engaged in hope 
which strikes my heart with bitter agony. 

Betrayed by those I thought would treasure me 
when they pierced my heart with arrow of hate 
and tried to bury me in grave of greed, 
I wander nameless in cold underworld 
till weird music ringing in cave of death 
guides me to shore by river of rebirth. 

Baptized in cleansing river of my tears, 
that purifies my heart of bitter hate, 
I rise reborn from nothingness of faith 
and find new secret name in hope for life 
by wearing mask of my own spirit face 
to dwell again in maze of honesty. 

White petals from black twisted apple trees 
enrobe invisible ghost of my soul 
with fluttering cloak of bold humility 
so all the words my ancestors once spoke 
swirl from cave of illusions in my heart 
as song that enchants you with pain I feel. 


1 comment:

  1. Orpheus watches young woman play heart-enchanting song of her betrayal as she strums the lyre in the feasting hall.

    ReplyDelete