Tuesday, July 2, 2024

Lonely Roads Of Time

Lonely Roads Of Time
© Surazeus
2024 07 02

With hearts still fugitive as dragonflies 
we wander alone on the river shore, 
together in bright shadows of our eyes. 

With wings of Icarus I yearn to soar 
beyond weird matrix of the world I know 
to find lost volumes of forgotten lore. 

This grief I feel for trees is not for show 
because they prop dome of the sky with spires 
construed from faith spun by spell of the crow. 

Fragile structures crushed by rubber car tires, 
tales of our lives, written with blood on leaves, 
honor our slain warriors on funeral pyres. 

Truth is more than what anyone believes, 
swirling around our minds in clouds of facts 
that define children my memory conceives. 

Based on why we sign our social contracts, 
our lonely roads of time are rearranged 
to harmonize with how the mad king acts. 

Though I track how reality has changed 
with each alteration of state events, 
everyone else believes I am deranged. 

Teaching girls to sing in mountain convents, 
Persephone strolls ghastly precipice 
to analyze our legal precedents. 

We bind our hearts with passion of the kiss 
that radiates beacon of our sacred love 
as light that guides the lost to bower of bliss. 

Her silence echoes clear to stars above 
that ring with truths our hearts cannot deny, 
awakened by divine wing of the dove. 

Landscape of the old world-view in my eye 
splits open at the lightning flash of faith 
that forces firm believers to ask why. 

Our way of life, spelled by the cosmic wraith, 
unravels matrix of truth we accept 
so we cry for help from messiah sleuth. 

According to rule of the weird precept, 
we perform our roles on the global stage 
with proficient calm of the lithe adept. 

With leaping volta based on humble rage 
I swerve against tide of the common voice 
to avoid getting trapped in the fame cage. 

To live with the consequence of each choice, 
I make while snatching Snake Runes from the well, 
I write hymn for when we want to rejoice. 

At solemn ringing of the stolen bell 
Persephone appoints me King of Spies, 
so I build Heaven on ruins of Hell. 


1 comment:

  1. Orpheus presents blueprints for Heaven as we begin constructing the new capitol for our world empire of ghosts.

    ReplyDelete