Monday, July 1, 2024

Strange Paradox Of Love

Strange Paradox Of Love
© Surazeus
2024 07 01

I wonder with strange paradox of love 
if you are in love with the me I am, 
or with idol of me you wish I was, 
for I have journeyed from our future world 
to compete with my old self for your love 
as phantom leaping in time-loop of trust. 

Face to face with idol of my old self, 
though I hide behind mask of ideal soul, 
I gaze in mirror of who I would be 
to analyze with clear objective eye 
performance of my role in game of love 
to win your heart with calm sincerity. 

With passion of Narcissus in my heart 
to understand true nature of my soul, 
I turn away from vision of my face, 
that gleams in bottomless lake of desire 
at echo of your voice in shadowed woods, 
to find you as opposite of myself. 

Because you are so different from me, 
expressing unusual concepts of truth 
I never could imagine in my mind, 
you expand scope of my perceptive view 
so I can see new aspects of this world 
through alternate vision your heart reveals. 

Though my old self and my new self are torn 
in two bodies that replicate my heart 
at different states of my evolving being, 
each time we come in contact of desire 
my old self gets zapped by incessant change 
and fades till my old mindset disappears. 

When all my old selves fall behind my march, 
as I progress beyond outdated modes 
toward my becoming more than I have been, 
they vanish as dust in strict winds of time, 
like skin the snake discards at molting growth, 
so I transform from fish to mortal god. 

Concept of God as ideal Human Being 
shines bright in the perfect stereotype 
through beacon that presents the psychic trope 
of conscious being who thrives with self-control 
as role I wish to play in game of life 
while I evolve into self I create. 

With you beside me on the road of life, 
who complements my special character 
with opposing forces of psychic strength, 
I grow into the best self I design 
since we support each other on our quest 
to embrace truth through paradox of love. 


1 comment:

  1. Orpheus meets is younger self as he begins descent into the Underworld to rescue Idol of his Soul from death.

    ReplyDelete