Thursday, July 18, 2024

Stealing Crown Of God

Stealing Crown Of God
© Surazeus
2024 07 18

This treasure I find in the heart of Death 
charges my soul with battery of faith 
so when lilies blossom out of my head 
the sparrow flies to desert hills that fade 
when evening shrouds the world in silent gloom 
that leaves me stranded by the weeping stream. 

The diamond with ten million eyes that gleam 
with dawn light refracting in sea-wave foam 
glitters secretly in heart of the moon 
so I dance with grace on the rolling stone 
that tumbles down glass mountain of the mind 
to fall with sparrow wings in my left hand. 

Bones of my ancestors that form this land 
weave undulating structure that would bind 
our bodies in taut matrix of the truth 
so we wage world war to express our wrath 
that we must fight to claim our right to live 
as nameless ghosts trapped in the dreamless cave. 

Scared people call on their hero to save 
their souls from horror of death to survive 
constant social change in the brutal game 
of global fame always won by the mime 
who best embodies spirit of the age 
when I perform role of Death on the bridge. 

When I stumble blindly on the bare stage 
and stare in abyss from the crumbling edge, 
this treasure I draw from heart of the sun 
inspires my spirit to reach for the dawn 
though I wander lost in darkness of fear 
that suffocates my anger with despair. 

I fall forever from indifferent star 
on journey beyond reason to explore 
waste land of my memories on signless road 
so I translate weird stories to dream code 
though bullets pierce frail bodies with contempt 
when the tyrannical traitor is trumped. 

Standing on the mountain where Satan jumped 
after Jupiter brushed off his attempt 
to trick him into stealing crown of God, 
I declare I am son of Galahad 
worthy to reign as Plantagenet King 
who judges court cases for right and wrong. 

So I enchant your hearts with eerie song 
about dream demon and his magic ring 
that gives me power to control your mind 
when you vote for me as ghost of this land 
where I hide in apple tree of desire 
this treasure book of long-forgotten lore. 


1 comment:

  1. Orpheus laughs at the tyrannical traitor who fails to steal the crown of God.

    ReplyDelete