Thursday, July 4, 2024

Shelter-Tree Of Fruit

Shelter-Tree Of Fruit
© Surazeus
2024 07 04

Our bodies are as fragile as the rain 
that sparkles clear in strange light of the moon, 
and fleet as clouds that roll over dark hills 
while I trudge toward you on soft shifting sands 
with lantern I lit with hope of my heart 
after bright fireworks fade into the night. 

Swift as cold wind that blows across the lake, 
we pass swiftly through dim dream of this world 
though each hour our hearts pulse with desire 
glows bright with timeless passion of tense joy, 
so I can only leave voice of my thoughts 
in mute words of books that vanish with time. 

My conscious mind is seed I plant in soil 
to weave clear memories of my muddled life 
in fruit tree sprouting from heart of the world 
so visions of my brain are stored in songs 
future generations eat with hungry hope 
to gain courage from spirit of my faith. 

My soul waxes and wanes with each moon phase 
in swelling billows of the weeping sea 
through each new life my body generates 
in children who evolve to reach the sky, 
fish to lizard to mouse to cat to ape 
to wingless angel singing by the tree. 

Though tears of my sorrow soak in the Earth 
and flow to central spinning iron core, 
my spirit radiates waving rays of light 
as rainbow-bright aurora beams of power 
that wake in bodies of eight billion souls 
who fight over whose tale composes truth. 

Our journey in time like the water flows 
winding through many scenes of grand events, 
and yet, no matter how it deviates, 
aligned with all the choices our hearts make, 
our final destination is the same 
since we arrive in matrix of the sea. 

Drawn toward each other by electric swirl 
of spirit from first flash of the white whole, 
we journey halfway around spinning Earth 
to dwell together in play of our love 
so we can generate from body forms 
new life that lives long after we both die. 

Our bodies are as fluid as the stream 
of genes that flow through bodies of our minds 
because immortal soul of molecules 
incarnates in each new child we design 
so I hold high lamp of love in the dark 
and walk toward you in shelter-tree of fruit. 


1 comment:

  1. Orpheus searches for the shelter-tree of fruit in collective memory of humanity.

    ReplyDelete