Monday, July 8, 2024

Tallulah Gorge Bridge

Tallulah Gorge Bridge
© Surazeus
2024 07 08

The quantum accelerator of love 
that I keep hidden in my river boat 
allows me to fast-forward my life dream 
four hundred million years of evolution 
so I remember crawling from the sea 
as I transform my body into light. 

Though I keep the memories of my life 
preserved in pottery of vibrant glaze, 
the darker parts always change into frogs 
that hop and and down the old hotel stairs 
till their arms transform into leather wings 
so they fly through the mirror of my mind. 

Young girl with long black hair and golden eyes 
sits on the fallen log beside the river 
and opens the small box of polished wood 
that she found in the ancient dragon egg 
to show me the crystal key to her heart 
which I will treasure till the end of time. 

While we sit on ledge of the building roof, 
I get to know Death in her black lace dress 
as we gaze at the Smoky Mountain ridge 
and share stories about our sad childhoods 
growing up in the dark house of the heart, 
then laugh as we share bottle of French wine. 

I have decided that this is the year 
when I will sail home to Byzantium 
so I can do what I forgot about 
in preparation for the civil war 
that only cruel control-freaks want to fight 
so I can rebuild the world they destroy. 

Beyond sacred trees of theology 
the Milky Way Galaxy shines with light 
of ancient gods who vanished long ago 
for they are shiny crystal eggs of thought 
that glitter in our very human eyes 
so we can see each other as we are. 

Together on the Tallulah Gorge Bridge 
we gaze with awe at beauty of the world 
embodied by the way clear water swirls 
between towering cliffs of honest hope 
because we live in photographs we take 
that remain long after we disappear. 

Then I remember how the little child 
walking here one thousand years ago 
fell wingless into bright abyss of faith 
so I climb to high top of Helicon 
where the Muses of truth still operate 
the quantum accelerator of love. 


1 comment:

  1. Orpheus dances on the bridge over the falls in the enchantingly beautiful Tallulah Gorge.

    ReplyDelete