Tuesday, November 14, 2023

Temple Of The Woke

Temple Of The Woke
© Surazeus
2023 11 14

When the yellow spider of the egg pool 
weaves mirror of my face across the moon, 
I ride lame horse up winding mountain trail 
so I can translate riddles of the rain 
that confound seers of the academy 
who study process of epiphany. 

As moon girl by the well plays bird-bone flute 
with haunting melody of anguished hope 
I dig in deep cave for emerald of fate 
to prove existing things are bound by shape 
our thoughts cannot transform with alchemy 
though we journey with the grand company. 

Submerged to my eyes in ice-flowing stream 
with eager project to grow angel wing, 
I crown myself prophet in the glass dome 
where nameless children dance to sweet birdsong 
though old friends wear mask of the enemy 
in vain attempt to evade destiny. 

Each door I open with curious intent 
to explore our worlds through the multiverse 
reveals new secrets that could disenchant 
my heart with passion to advance on course 
straight enough to nullify blasphemy 
when I organize the lost colony. 

Bottomless heart flowing with joyful love 
that almost drowns the last confederate rake, 
I build simple ship to leap the wild wave 
on bold journey to temple of the woke 
where I spend dark hours writing elegy 
that twists sinister rules of artistry. 

With fatal choice of false desire I made 
that shakes foundation of the mountain hall 
I translate world history in psychic code 
which programs my brain to play humble role 
in world drama that leaves no legacy 
beyond basic functions of chemistry. 

Too complex for their simple minds to grasp, 
my proverbs, tangled in spells I construct 
from fractured gems, reflect eyes of the wisp 
who believes nothing beyond basic fact 
that matter incorporates chemically 
in forms that change through art of devilry. 

Arriving at temple of the wise goat, 
well hidden in lush grove of apple trees, 
I teach my children how to build the boat 
on which we sail with gusting ocean breeze 
to measure death through state of entropy 
as truth I preach with honest zealotry. 


No comments:

Post a Comment