Tuesday, November 14, 2023

Walk The Open Road

Walk The Open Road
© Surazeus
2023 11 14

No longer seeking salvation from God 
who dreams not in Heaven of Ideal Forms, 
I walk the Open Road of eager hope 
with passionate will to live this life now 
which maintains integrity of my soul 
while I connect with any soul I meet. 

Evading mind trap of morality 
that constricts my journey in maze of myths, 
I walk the Open Road of honest fear 
with cautious attention of watching eyes 
to avoid uncleanness that stains my soul 
which preserves wholeness of my naked being. 

Preserving integrity of my soul 
with special name that binds my heart with love, 
I walk the Open Road of cautious faith 
to keep my fragile body clean and whole 
as I encounter strangers to exchange 
productive vision of beautiful joy. 

Leaving behind confining home of faith 
that restricts persona I would express, 
I walk the Open Road of rancid lust 
to fight against disintegrating force 
that threatens to dismember me with rage, 
then dance on graves where my ancestors lie. 

Hesitant to sympathize with lost souls 
who suffer agony from pain of loss, 
I walk the Open Road of clever wiles 
to offer charity of selfless love 
through calm assistance of my helping hand 
which cannot save any person from death. 

Reluctant to lose my immortal self 
through gravity that connects all lost souls, 
I walk the Open Road of moral choice 
to analyze effects from cause of actions 
that construct or destruct structures of atoms, 
maintaining balance between life and death. 

Following compassion for all lost souls 
to sharp edge at Cliff of Insanity, 
I walk the Open Road of sympathy 
to bottomless abyss of nothingness, 
so I retreat from merging with your mind 
to maintain wholeness of my soul defined. 

Stuck in rut of Salvation unattained 
through extension of selfish charity, 
I walk the Open Road beyond the known 
to explore bleak wilderness of the heart 
where only wind and rain remember me, 
naming myself with aloneness of love. 


No comments:

Post a Comment