Thursday, November 2, 2023

Star-Eyed Way

Star-Eyed Way
© Surazeus
2023 11 02

My heart now pregnant with celestial fire 
reanimates my frail time-withered soul 
so I wake ecstasy with living lyre 
through studied training for the bardic role 
I dare not play on pyramid of faith 
when I alchemize mind of the Star Wraith. 

When refugees from war walk signless road 
in hopeless journey across the waste land 
strong soul that glows with tribal leader mode, 
who leads them safely to the Promised Land, 
wakes with the playful ghost of Lucifer 
who opposes the tyrant Jupiter. 

Far from the madding crowd of fearful folk, 
who kill each other for the Holy Land, 
I sit beneath the spider-tangled oak 
and strum Mercurial lyre with crippled hand 
to sing about wise seekers for the truth 
who wake from dream time as messiah sleuth. 

Since bright immortal spirit of the stars 
shines deep in pulsing atoms of my brain 
I stand amazed on globe of spiral bars 
to savor pleasure of both sun and rain 
that beams divine spirit in every mind 
through personality that hope assigned. 

Though to Fame and Fortune I am unknown 
my heart is fueled with Melancholy flame 
to sing voice of the sea with eerie tone 
that vibrates far from mirror of my name 
as mind-enchanting hymn of passionate love 
which fills my hollow heart with treasure trove. 

When I, apparelled in celestial light, 
stride across bleak waste land burned by war, 
as Lucifer who joins the Freedom Fight, 
I bear frail bodies, wounded to the core 
by bombs of hate fired by the hand of greed, 
to bury them in our hearts as the seed. 

Since we are mortals our mothers create 
by weaving atoms into frames of flesh, 
we invent myths of gods to navigate 
dangerous landscape of Nature forming mesh 
of opportunities we choose to play 
through sacred vision of the Star-Eyed Way. 

We all will die with turning of the world 
so I decide to endure at your side 
when your love guides me as the cosmic herald 
to build empire from wisdom amplified 
by words the dead speak from their silent tomb 
that reveal secret of life through the womb. 


No comments:

Post a Comment