Sunday, November 26, 2023

Last Of The Angels

Last Of The Angels
© Surazeus
2023 11 26

Last of the angels who know my real name, 
Sariel waits on the moon for me to call 
so I stand on windy shore of the lake 
to watch wolves transform into motor cars, 
because wisdom cannot be found in books 
except for riddles written in the sand. 

The yellow spider who weaves her large web 
between slender oak and roof of my home 
explains true love to idol of my soul 
who walks around pretending to be me 
while giving flowers to strangers in cars, 
then sits and cries in the park every night. 

Another rocket zooms into the sky 
on futile quest to find life on the moon 
where Sariel wanders around rims of craters 
while pondering gambit of the humble queen 
who wants to ride on the Merry-Go-Round 
though she was born from white foam of the sea. 

Ancient secrets on how to live life well 
are hidden in sad riddles of the clown 
who stands on dais in the crystal church 
to preach salvation of arrogant greed 
that rewards hard work of cheating with wealth, 
though I prefer to barbecue my heart. 

Hysterical laughter rings in the church 
where Sariel wears glass mask of Lucifer 
to scare young children on Halloween night 
dressed as Maenads in the large circus tent 
who dance on grave of the last British king 
while women talk of Michelangelo. 

After working in the car factory 
I ride the bus back to my empty home 
and listen to the late-night radio show 
where Cadmus talks about the alphabet 
he invented after watching snakes glide 
to capture vision of the Holy Ghost. 

I carve magic spells on five hundred oaks 
that spiral into clocks with pretty eyes 
at casual whistle of Little Bo-Peep 
whose sheep wander close to Cliffs of Despair 
while Sariel teaches me how to converse 
with rainbow serpent in the Tree of Life. 

Last of the angels who designed my soul, 
Sariel takes me down to Strawberry Fields 
where Bacchus plays piano in the oak 
while I leap backward up Helicon peak 
on wings of Icarus I stole from Satan 
till Netaniah shoots bomb at my hearth. 


No comments:

Post a Comment