Thursday, November 23, 2023

Lost World Of Zarathium

Lost World Of Zarathium
© Surazeus
2023 11 23

The casual way leaves fall into my hair 
reminds me of the childhood game I played 
where I made graves in tree-shaded backyard 
for every person I saw die in movies, 
then prayed to Saturna, the Raven Witch, 
to guide their souls safe to Zarathium. 

From swirling mist of twilight Autumn eve 
Saturna glides on black wings of despair, 
and, with long twisted oak-tree arms, applies 
weird fairy glamor to my aching heart 
so I feel soothing tinge of ancient love 
that flows from dream wells of Zarathium. 

Strange aching sorrow of eternal death 
strikes thin Mercury shiver of hope deep 
to freeze core of my bones with happy horror 
flashing illusions of my naked soul 
as beautiful mask in clear global mirror 
that reflects lost world of Zarathium. 

With gentle kiss of her soft blood-stained lips, 
Saturna raises winged horse from the dead 
so I rise from chilling slough of despond 
to walk beside her on the signless road 
along jagged ridge of bare golden hills 
that lead us to vale of Zarathium. 

Long dragon-clawed fingers from tangled vines 
grip my throat with sharp cackle of regret 
when Taliesin emerges from dark cave 
to hiss with serpent tongue in arcane code 
terrible secret of eternal life 
that bonds my heart close to Zarathium. 

Awake from strange dreams in my own backyard, 
I take guitar I stole from grave of Hermes 
and stand on busy street corners in towns 
to sing weird visions of lost fairy land 
to people driving past in motor cars 
as if I am still in Zarathium. 

Dipping raven-feather quill in snake blood, 
I write arcane riddles with Odin Runes 
to record my journey to Hell and back 
where Taliesin taught me how to sing spells 
that enchant people with dreams they forget 
so they will never find Zarathium. 

Each evening after I design dream maps 
to generate virtual world in terrain, 
I strum guitar of Mercury and sing 
prophecies no one will ever believe, 
then dance with Saturna, my Raven Witch, 
in hidden garden of Zarathium. 


No comments:

Post a Comment