Friday, November 24, 2023

Angels Sing On High

Angels Sing On High
© Surazeus
2023 11 24

The shadow that follows the laughing child 
explains how the blue horse runs on the plain 
with the ancient feather of the bright sky 
because soft glitter on crust of the snow 
translates roaring of the rain to this song 
the wolf decides cannot describe our death. 

On this windy Autumn day the blind owl 
ponders how the girl who lives in the tree 
plays the harp that sprouts from the river stone 
through which starlight refracts the nameless ghost 
who wants to teach our children how to pray 
as if words of our will can change the world. 

The eyeless man who lives in the glass sky 
gives me loaf of bread baked from hills of skulls 
so I search for the holy ghost in light 
that glitters on placid waves of the sea 
though I consider all their arguments 
for whether things I dream are real or not. 

Descended from Mercury and Ishtar, 
I walk the signless road of nevermore 
till I find the house where my wife has lived 
since I first saw her face in the star pool, 
so she gives me plate with roasted beef steak 
and we eat lunch while angels sing on high. 

If I return home to Zarathium 
after wandering the Earth ten thousand years 
I might discover clear pool in the vale 
where I invented concept of the name 
which I can utter with breath of the rain 
to refer to the person I love most. 

Alone by face pool in the sunlit vale 
I hear sharp chirps of birds in apple trees 
reverberate across vast sky of clouds 
who watch me perform with elegant grace 
difficult role that expresses my soul 
through mysterious code of the mirror eye. 

The black cat with moon-green eyes watches me 
read ancient books in library of the queen 
to discover key of the universe 
revealed by the binary code of truth 
as One and Zero, which compose all things 
manifest in spiraling atom rings. 

Yet I wait by the apple tree all day 
for the second coming of Melusine 
who kisses me with joy of selfless love 
so I caress her cheeks with tender care 
while floating safe in strong boat of her heart 
that glides on endless sea of everywhere. 


No comments:

Post a Comment