Tuesday, November 7, 2023

Shadow Of The Mind

Shadow Of The Mind
© Surazeus
2023 11 07

When I consider shadow of the mind 
that casts its memories on the broken stone, 
I measure distance to the haughty cliff 
where children of my sorrow wait for why 
time realigns our journey to the sky 
which might reveal stories we leave behind. 

How far into strange shadow of the mind 
I walk the signless road to everywhere 
depends on sacred treasures of the dead 
I might find on lost island of the ghost 
who leaves secret signs for me on the coast 
though I keep hidden what star light designed. 

If I hide in false shadow of the mind 
to eat roasted beef spiced with garum sauce, 
I could observe the horse with angel wings 
that transforms into swift airplane of my heart 
so I can find Heaven using star chart 
kept safe by humble daughter of the hind. 

To climb high hills toward shadow of the mind 
with sense of loss that motivates my quest 
I will let go all sacred things I bought 
with sacrifice my lonely heart contrives 
while I harvest honey from bookish hives 
though bitter joy unravels truth I bind. 

After we kiss in shadow of the mind 
she tells me with bright shining smile of love 
that cold indifferent stars define our fate 
unless we hold hands as we climb the trail 
winding up Moon Mountain where angels wail 
to fulfill the marriage contract we signed. 

With anxious flash in shadow of the mind 
we savor lightless sunrise beyond death 
still fraught with laughter of the swirling sea 
since we believe weird doctrines clouds express 
that transient humans can never possess 
old land indifferent to hopes of mankind. 

Awake beyond grim shadow of the mind, 
we count infinities of human souls 
who share sweet melons by the River Styx 
in summer party of the nameless mask 
as reward when I finish hardest task 
only eyeless vampire could have assigned. 

Since nothing born from shadow of the mind 
can last forever with slow spin of time, 
I seek fane of Zephyrus in dark cave 
where young girl bears the Holy Grail of love 
delicately shaped as the yellow foxglove, 
therefore I love her because she is kind. 


No comments:

Post a Comment