Wednesday, November 29, 2023

My Homeless Heart

My Homeless Heart
© Surazeus
2023 11 29

Sharp wounds of injustice spur my sore heart 
to fight against oppressors who exploit 
passion of hope to evade mindless death 
long enough to generate eager life 
so we can feast together by warm hearth 
that casts bright glow in darkness of lost time. 

When I am cheated of land, which I own 
because my ancestors settled it first, 
I cry for justice to king on gold throne, 
but he adjudicates against my claim, 
then annexes my farm to his estate 
and charges me rent to live in my home. 

This signless road that leads to every land, 
where I wander forever in vain search 
for unclaimed land where I can plant my flag, 
becomes the homeland of my homeless heart, 
so I roam ten thousand years on long quest 
for patch of land where I can lay my head. 

Though nowhere on this Earth is my true home, 
since I have dwelled on every river shore, 
I set up table by the River Styx 
to host feast for friends who respect my choice 
for I protect them with rod of the law 
and fight for their right to live as they will. 


No comments:

Post a Comment