Thursday, November 23, 2023

Black Milk Of Love

Black Milk Of Love
© Surazeus
2023 11 23

After I dig my grave in the blue sky 
I drink black milk of love to understand 
sweet horror seething from the underworld 
so I brush long hair of my dreaming brain 
to dance with you around the apple tree 
where my father hangs on the serpent wing. 

When I drop substance for shadow of truth 
in order to deceive phantom of hope 
I contemplate weird riddle of the heart 
that sprouts up from conundrum of desire 
so with mute troubled honesty of faith 
I measure nothing of my ancient fear. 

Through prosperous struggle to defend my dream 
I covet golden egg my demon lays 
so on fear-naked beach of lust I hold 
huge burning book open in eager hands 
to comprehend state rules I should express 
that guide me when I rule the underworld. 

Star letters of blind fairies strict as flames 
embody terrible flowers of love 
in stubborn deployment of intense games 
that carve the heart of darkness wicked ways 
every time the gold-crowned tyrant arrives 
on wingless horse to claim the death of time. 

To roll back riddle for the end of days 
I calculate all the ways I could die 
till the pretty princess with long flowing hair 
distracts me with her sparkling star-black eyes 
to build warm haven castle on the hill 
where she tends garden of her singing skulls. 

I stand in living room of our new home 
to stare at shadows of strangers that glow 
at speed of sound which cracks the clock of fear 
though I remember soaring among ghosts 
on silent scream of self-reflecting lore 
perplexed by lack of Heaven above clouds. 

Astonished by flaming wings dreamers wear, 
I glide my plane on silent wings of wonder 
far from high castle of my social power 
while searching for angels strumming gold harps 
who wave to me as I glide past at dawn 
till I perceive the real world as it is. 

As I return to spinning Earth I know 
I realize mankind stuck on solid ground 
invented Heaven to reflect our hearts 
as image of this city we designed 
to guard our secrets from the haughty god 
who only appears in mirrors we make. 


No comments:

Post a Comment