Friday, September 1, 2023

Core Of The Uncarved Block

Core Of The Uncarved Block
© Surazeus
2023 09 01

Deep inside at core of the Uncarved Block 
weird untouched essence of the thing I see 
radiates perpetual passion of the sun 
in secret code of dreams only birds know 
because I hear it in their casual songs 
fermenting wine in cauldron of my heart. 

Each hour my repressed grief spreads roots of hope 
down writhing spine of my serpentine soul 
reveals new secret language angels dream 
in water trickling over time-smoothed stones 
that weep my face in mirrors on the plain 
where I attempt to touch eternity. 

The rainbow serpent in the apple tree 
wants to discuss philosophy with me 
concerning concept of the alien self 
that I perceive as outsider I am 
bound tight with swirling atoms of the sun 
when I predict each movement I perform. 

Beneath the blazing sun of Tartarus 
I forge the Holy Grail of Melusine 
from gossamer threads of demonic blood 
so I can drink peach wine with naked laugh 
while stepping over threshold of the fane 
where skull of Orpheus recites world news. 

To open fist of my clandestine flower 
with bloody blemish of false memory 
I walk in circles on the fog-dark plain 
where zombies wander from the battlefield 
defeated by angels of the dark tower 
to search for courage of humanity. 

Through recurrence of our national state 
based on mistranslation of noble honor 
we shout our truth in howling winds of facts 
till we lie exhausted on sterile shore 
while love songs static from the radio 
since we have survived this crisis before. 

If large white birds fly circles in blank sky 
where children pick mushrooms from tombs of gods 
Orpheus will visit the orphanage 
to tell the lonely children they belong 
but hire them as accountants at his firm 
that builds empire on fields of cows and wheat. 

But in the timeless evening of the day 
we gather at the television hearth 
to watch the famous actress with weird eyes 
perform old role as Goddess of the Earth 
while Orpheus stares at the Uncarved Block 
to see true spirits of our hearts we hide. 


No comments:

Post a Comment