Sunday, September 10, 2023

Replace Yourself With I

Replace Yourself With I
© Surazeus
2023 09 10

I bloom into the future of my soul 
each time I open door of solitude 
and disappear into wild wind of time 
because I weep for loss of every mind 
whose dreams and memories vanish after death 
though I try to hear their voices in light. 

Alone in doorless house on moaning hill, 
cluttered with furniture of eyeless ghosts, 
I reach out shadow of my naked hand 
to break eternal beam of stark sunlight 
that weaves immortal atoms in my bones 
which multiply into people I know. 

So many bodies of flesh-tangled bones, 
animated by flash of leaves on trees, 
flow around me as I drive clumsy car 
clattering on unpaved road of skeletons, 
and give me boxes of arrogant fruit 
that bloom on telephone poles of lost faith. 

Clutching musty roots of the sad oak tree, 
I clamber up steep hill of powdery dust, 
face first in thick cobwebs of buzzing light, 
so I scream with horror of honest hope 
when the giant gold-spotted spider crawls 
though I try to replace myself with you. 

You bloom into the fortune of your soul 
each time you leap across the laughing stream 
and reappear from cave of ancient dream 
because you sing for birth of every mind 
whose visions of the world they could create 
mistranslate their divine voices in light. 

Alone in thousand-room house by Star Lake, 
crowded with nameless strangers seeking fame, 
you retract your open hand from desire 
to polish secret mirror of God Mind 
that reflects face of every mortal soul 
on every planet in the universe. 

So many robots with wire-tangled frames, 
programmed with memories of humans long dead, 
follow you on long road of pilgrimage 
to Mount Parnassus where demons sing spells 
and give you boxes of fraudulent skulls 
that clatter on telephone poles of fate. 

Typing prophecies on feather-thin scrolls, 
you skip down winding stairs of castle towers 
to stumble into cathedral of ghosts 
during solemn prayer to the Virgin Queen 
who dreams evolution in the Star Eye 
though you try to replace yourself with I. 


No comments:

Post a Comment